Sunday 5 May 2013

TUTORIAL How to make a Powder Puff for applying Talc


I have just made this Powder Puff and thought you might like to see how I made it. 


Material list
Furry fabric
Fabric for the back. I used towelling for mine
Thick wadding
Ribbon
A saucer to drawer a round shape


Pin and tack ends of ribbon to the centre of the towelling circle
Only sew the ends of the ribbon down because.....
 To use the Puff you put your fingers under the ribbon
If you want a hanging loop turn the end under ( see lower photo )


Sew the small wadding circle onto the middle of the big wadding circle
This will keep your Puff plump and stop it sinking in the middle


Layer circles as above 
Ribbon side of towelling faces fluffy side of furry fabric
Place wadding circle under furry fabric circle


Pin around edge with the biggest pins you have
Sew around edge of circle about 1cm from the edge
 I did this by hand and left a gap for turning it inside out


Turn inside out and stitch opening closed and you have a nice fluffy Powder Puff for applying Talcum Powder.

7 comments:

  1. Marion that's a nice tutorial you put up, looks easy to make, thanks for sharing.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this. I love powder puffs for my talc. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tutorial and how lovely it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion - this looks like such a great idea. You are certainly clever my friend. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's so sad that they don't make powder boxes any more, and my powder puff (from the early 80's) is on it's last leg : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I use powder everyday, but only cornstarch powder. Please be careful, talc has actually been linked with ovarian cancer. Just please be careful.

    ReplyDelete